Job Title: Director
Location: Northern California/Nevada
Results Transformation Center (RTC) has 10 fitness facilities throughout Northern California and Nevada that focuses on transforming people’s lives physically & mentally through exercise and nutrition. RTC has changed the lives of thousands of people through its highly effective weight-loss and fat-loss programs that provide extraordinary fun workouts and an amazing support system. RTC also provides a fun & unique environment that keeps clients happy and engaged!
The Director position is responsible for the daily operations of RTC, with a focus on membership/product sales, client retention, customer service, staff management, and the overall profitability of the center. The Director is also responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and team members, while creating a fun and positive environment that clients will love and enjoy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor & manage staff to include scheduling, disciplining, team building, training and ongoing development
- Track, monitor and submit payroll inquires
- Professionally present company programs & products to guests & prospects
- Set daily sales and service appointments & conduct follow-ups with clients, prospects and leads
- Maintain high membership & merchandise sales and convert leads to clients
- Meet & exceed all sales quotas
- Track & monitor sales reports
- Develop & implement client retention methods
- Monitor inquires & entries into client retention software
- Complete administrative work consistently & accurately
- Assist & direct guests and members with high energy & enthusiasm
- Handle member service issues in a polite & timely manner
- Build positive relationships & good rapport with members and staff
- Maintain professional work-related activity on social media
- Other duties as assigned
Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, willingly takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet department/business needs.
Communication - Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Creates accurate and punctual reports, demonstrates good listening skills. Demonstrates behavior that is welcoming, friendly, open and approachable.
Decision Making/Judgment - Recognizes problems and responds appropriately. Systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues and seeks input from others. Addresses root cause of issues and makes timely decisions. Ability to make difficult decisions. Communicates decisions to all appropriate personnel/departments/business enterprises.
Dependability - Meets commitments, deadlines, and works independently. Completes all assignments or job tasks without management follow-up, and accepts accountability for results.
Initiative/Leadership - Independently identifies problems and takes independent action to successfully resolve issues. Willingly seeks out new or additional responsibilities. Acts on opportunities to improve overall operations. Generates new ideas.
Job Knowledge - Demonstrates the necessary management, administrative, professional and/or technical skills to meet or exceed position expectations. Uses common sense approach to completing tasks and meeting deadlines. Keeps job knowledge current, is in command of all critical issues that develop day-to-day on the job. Seeks to increase job knowledge and value organization.
Personal Organization - Keeps information organized and accessible. Maintains a clean and functional work space. Works systematically and efficiently while managing time well and ensures all critical commitments are addressed.
Critical Thinking (Problem Solving) - Breaks down problems into smaller components, understanding and underlying issues. Ability to simplify and process complex issues, and understand the difference between critical details and unimportant facts. Focuses attention on the primary source or cause of a problem. Demonstrates the ability to identify and successfully resolve issues before they become significant problems.
Results Focus/Teamwork - Targets and achieves results by setting challenging goals, prioritizing tasks and overcoming obstacles. Accepts accountability for results achieved and sets team standards and responsibilities. Provides direction, leadership and motivation.
Customer Service - Ability to handle internal/external customer questions, concerns and complaints effectively, and communicates positively. Consistently maintains a pleasant, approachable, and professional image.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of RTC experience preferred
- Management experience
- Minimum of one (1) year (preferable 3) of experience in sales and/or the fitness industry
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) required
- Certification in Fitness Instruction/Group Training/Personal Training or Nutrition
- Certification in CPR & First Aid
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions – Environment
The physical demands and working environment described below must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Work environment is in a climate-controlled office setting and a non-climate controlled gym area
- Strength sufficient to frequently lift and/move up to 10 pounds below or at waist level and occasionally lift, move or carry objects over 40 pounds below and above waist level with assistance
- Endurance sufficient to sit, walk and stand for extended periods, and maintain efficiency throughout the entire work shift and during extended work hours. This position requires walking, standing, sitting, and stooping
- Must be able to work in a multi-tasking, deadline-oriented environment
How to Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
RTC is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental handicap or disability, genetic characteristic, medical condition or ancestry. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the RTC and all terms and conditions of employment.